Sweet Potato Spread
This is one of my newest creations that is delicious and full of nutritious ingredience. It has your staples; fiber, protien and healthy fats. As well as the goodness of fermented foods (the miso) and one of the worlds best anti-inflamatory ingredient, turmeric.
This is a recipe that can be altered to your taste preference as well as end use. You can honestly serve it up as a sweet potato mash or use it as a dip or spread. Please feel free to use a different bean or change the spices.
1 cup cooked white beans
1 sweet potato
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves roasted with skin on
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp each; turmeric, chili powder, salt
1/4 c tahini
1 tbsp miso paste
4 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Peel sweet potatos and cut into 1/2" disks.
3. Peel onion and cut into quarters.
4. Toss the sweet potato, onion and garlic in a bowl with 1tbsp melted coconut oil, turmeric, shili powder and salt
5. Place sweet potato mixture on a baking tray and bake until you can poke the sweet potatos with a fork.
6. Remove the mixture from the oven let cool slightly. Peel the garlic, then add the roasted vegetables plus the remaining ingredience a food processer.
7. Process untill smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to yor preference. If the spread is too thick you can add more lemon juice or water.
SPREAD IT ON A BURGER
This is a Black-Bean Beet Burger (I will share this recipe on my next post) topped with the Sweet Potato Spread, some cucumber and my fermented eggplant. Sitting over some greens and avocado. You can eat it like this or put it in a POPOVER.